I am already working on Beta 6.0 of the Yanapax Comic Book Viewer. This is a list of some of the new features I am implementing on this coming release:
- A new page legend feature: The Comic Book control bar will have a new button that will allow the user to view a legend for the currently displayed page. The legend for each comic book page will be an HTML file. The collection of legend HTML files will be located in a new folder named “legends” and it will follow the same approach as the other resources located in the pages and thumbnail folders. Each legend HTML file name will have the same name as the corresponding image file name located in the pages and thumbnail folders. This feature opens a new set of possibilities. The author can provide text formatted legends that include lists, links, images, etc.
- A new audio feature: The Comic Book control bar will have a new button that will allow the user to playback audio (in the form of audio narration, music or sound effects) for the currently displayed page. The author will have the option to auto play the audio every time a new page is displayed (by setting the AudioAutoPlay variable to true). The end user will have the option to turn the audio Auto Play feature on/off through the settings menu. The player will have an audio progress bar with indicators for the current time mark and duration of the audio file for each page. The user will be able to go to a specific portion of the audio file by clicking on the progress bar. The audio progress bar and audio playback button will only display on pages that have an audio file associated with them. I am integrating this feature using the jPlayer framework. The author will supply the audio files in the mp3 format.
- Pop-Up Close Buttons: All the pop-up windows will now have a close button. The user can click on the button that launched the pop-up or on the pop-up close button to close it.
- Option to Deactivate the Control Bar: There will be a new variable (DeactivateController) in the settings.js file that allows the author to activate or deactivate the control bar. This feature is useful in some kiosk scenarios where it may be desired to only allow the user to go forward or next or to have the viewer move between pages automatically by also switching the AutoPlay variable to true.
Today I make available the latest release of Yanapax: Beta 5.0 with new features and fixed:
Beta 5.0 includes the following list of new features and bug fixes:
- NEW Requested Feature! Horizontal Push Transition – You can choose the duration and specify, as with the other transitions, to which slides you want to apply it. (pushh)
- NEW Requested Feature! Vertical Push Transition – You can choose the duration and specify, as with the other transitions, to which slides you want to apply it. (pushv)
- The latest version of jQuery (1.10.2) was incorporated in the viewer.
- The latest version of jQuery UI (1.10.3) was incorporated in the viewer.
- The latest version of jQuery Mobile (1.3.2) was be incorporated in the viewer.
- Requested Update. The “Add to Home Screen” prompt for the iPad has been updated with a new icon and text.
- Removed the permanent header banner on the PC_viewer template.
- Added the number of the image being prelaoded to the preloader.
- Reformatted the look and feel of the pre-loader.
- Added transitions to the elements of the Main Menu.
- Fixed the Back and Next navigation buttons to prevent them from being clicked while screen transitions are taking place.
- Other bug fixes.
- Instructions updated.
On Beta 5.0 of the Yanapax Comic Book viewer you will see requested new features and updates:
- Horizontal Push Transition – You will be able to choose the duration and specify, as with the other transitions, to which slides you want to apply it.
- Vertical Push Transition – You will be able to choose the duration and specify, as with the other transitions, to which slides you want to apply it.
- The latest version of jQuery (1.10.2) will be incorporated in the viewer.
- The latest version of jQuery UI (1.10.3) will be incorporated in the viewer.
- The latest version of jQuery Mobile (1.3.2) will be incorporated in the viewer.
What is New in this version beta 4.0?
- Several small bugs were corrected.
- Some global variables were moved from the functions.js file to the settings.js file.
- More comments were added to the functions.js and settings.js files.
- “slides” were renamed to “pages” in the code.
- Pop-Ups were re-positioned higher as default on the screen.
- The splash screen now appears on the iPad. You can customize the start up images located in the GUI folder.
The Yanapax site was just redesigned today!
The article “Govar and Perazza Liberate Comics with Comic Book Think Tank” appeared on the site “Good E Reader on November 16, 2012:
The article “Conversing on Comics” – Chris Arrant talking with Ron Perazza, appeared on Robot 6 on November 16, 2012:
I just released a new version of the Yanapax Viewer. Version 3.1 now supports Social Network Sharing. A new “Share this Comic Book” button (as displayed on the left) is located on the navigation bar an allows readers to share the Comic Book on all major Social Networks, including: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Delicious, Digg and My Space.
I implemented this new feature using http://share.lockerz.com/ API.
I hope you find this new feature useful since it was one of the most requested features. Enjoy!
Interview with Ron Perazza about “Think Tank” where he talks about the “Yanapax” viewer published on October 26:
Article published on the CBR “Comic Book Resources” Web Site on October 18: